Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4th, 2011 Letter

Hello,
 
     So this past week has been pretty interesting.  So we got our new mission president on Wednesday.  President Devin G Durrant.  He is awesome.  His dad is George Durrant in the Cedar Hills 4th ward.  Pretty crazy.  He is 6'7"...yeah... I went to go and give him a hug the other day and I came up to his waist.  He is like the gentle giant.  There should be some pictures posted to facebook sometime.  Although I don't know if Sister Durrant is taking over the Facebook thing....we'll see.
     Glad to hear that Shannon is doing better.  Tell her that I am really proud of her.  She is my favorite sister.  Tell her that I greatly enjoyed her summer package...although I don't know what I am going to do with a watergun without a plug in the back.  I think that my favorite part of the package was the pineapple glasses.
     Oh good ol' games of Sorry.  I love that game.  Remember when we would play pokemon sorry?  Ha ha ha.  Oh dear.  Do y'all still play the lawn golf game?  I miss that game.  The Elders in my district are soo cool.  Elder Sinclair, and Elder Littlefield are like best friends.  Elder Sinclair is not my companion but I hope that he is sometime.  Elder Sinclair is from Rocklin California.  It's right by Sacramento.  He is probably the funniest Elder in the mission.  Elder Littlefield is from Beaver Utah.  He is known in the mission for reaceiving the most wedding invitations.  He has gotten 35 so far and he still has like 6 months left.  Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.  I think that is the funniest thing ever.  So on preparation days we just go to Elder Sinclair and Littlefield's house to play games and basketball and what not.  They live with a member so it is way nice.  The family that they live with is the Marr's.  They are so funny.  Sister Marr is like the epidomy of a mission mom.  I love it.
     Well so today is the 4th of July...what does that mean to people in Texas?...nothing.  Ha ha ha.  They have city ordinances that do not allow you to light off any type of fireworks and there are like 3 or 4 shows that are happening but they are all in the Fort Worthless mission...so obviously we cannot go there.  The 4th is going to be filled with a bunch of basketball at the church and then later on tonight we are going to the Mauthe's for dinner.  They are one of the coolest families in the ward.  They saw that we didn't have anyone on the meal calendar for like 3 days of the month so they just signed up to feed us dinner all three of those days.  So sweet.
     Yes mom I hit my year mark soon...don't talk about it...it's a sensitive subject.  It's so weird to think about.  It has gone by so fast.  It seems like it was just yesterday when I was out in Longview eating squirrel with the Hernsbergers.  Texas is the craziest place that I have ever lived...but I love the people here.  They are insane...but I love them.
     I miss g-pa Syl and g-ma Donna.  How are they holding up?  We sure will make a trip up there when I get back.  All of my mission friends want to meet the famous Syl.  So funny.  Ask dad about that one time that we were lighting fireworks off there and Jake tipped the tube over and the firework blew up in our faces.  Ha ha ha.  Oh man good times....well I am going to go get beat on the basketball court now so I will talk to y'all later.
 
BYE!!!
 
-Elder McNinch

No comments:

Post a Comment