Monday, September 20, 2010

September 20, 2010 Letter


Hey Family,
     So yes I got that wonderful package!  Thank you for all the letters!  All your stories are hilarious!!!  Patrick, your picture that you drew is hanging up on my wall...just so you know.
So this week has been pretty crazy.  I got my first blessing, first home dedication, and my first ordination to the priesthood. So my first blessing was to help J.  He broke his foot recently and asked for a blessing to help him heal.  He can't work so he can't pay for his truck. That was a really cool experience.  You seriously just go into it not knowing what you are supposed to say and then...the blessing is over. 
The home dedication was at a family called the F.  The dad and mom had been struggling with things for a while but have finally fixed everything and come back to church.  The dad didn't have the priesthood yet so he asked me to dedicate the home. The son of the family is the one that we are working with.  During the parents inactivity he was never baptized and is kinda hardhearted towards the church.  
So my first priesthood ordination was yesterday.  This kid Jose got baptized like three months ago and was going to be getting the Aaronic priesthood.  President Walker pulled me out of Elder's Quorum to be apart of the circle.  I asked him right up front, "I'm not doing the ordination, right?"  He goes," No no.  We just want you part of it so that he remembers."  We get in there and President Marble asks him who he wants to ordain him.  He looked straight at me and said," Can he do it?!?"  Goodness.  
So last but not least is my surprise underwear door knock.  OH DEAR.  So we're out tracting and this girl answers the door in seriously her bra and thong.  When she answered I just looked up at the doorframe and was like..."We're missionaries from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, would you like to go put some clothes on?" (said as fast as I could)  She goes, "ugh (teenage sigh) you're just like my dad."  I was thinking in my head...WHAT?!?!  So she goes back and puts on this little tiny robe which only made things worse, so we were just like obviously you are busy so we'll just come back another time.
On a more positive note we found 4 new investigators so that is cool.  We've begun the discussions with all of them so we'll see how it goes.  I'll send ya'll updates next letter.  
Okay so my favorite scripture is Ether 12:4, I like long walks on the beach, and going to the temple. (ad for a Mormon dating site)  So I got an e-mail from Zach.  He'll be out a year in October...weird.  Jordan is almost done.  More weird.  I'll have been out almost 2 months on wed.  It's cool though.  Tell Taylor I'm dang proud of him and that he is a baller.  
Alright so I need you, DAD, to send me my line of priesthood authority so that Jose can have that. =) and...that's about it.  
I hope Shannon got my most recent letter...please write back when you do get it.

I love ya'll and hope that all is well,

-Elder Michael McNinch

No comments:

Post a Comment