Tuesday, October 5, 2010

October 4, 2010 Letter

Dear Family,
Texas weather stinks.  It was blazing hot like a week ago and now its like 50 degrees every morning. I don't understand it.  This week hasn't been too entertaining as far as the work goes.  Conference was awesome!!!  That was about the only fun thing to report this week.  My favorite talk by far was Elder Uchtdorf's talk during the priesthood session about pride.  So COOL!!!  I loved his talk Saturday morning as well when he said," I know that you are all wondering by now what this has to do with flying a plane."  He's a hoot.
It is so nice getting letters from all of you.  Yes that means you too, Grandma and Grandpa.  I do read them.  Thank you all so much for everything that you have done for me.  I know without your examples I wouldn't be where I am at today.
HA HA HA okay so yesterday we were in Allen for conference to watch it at the stake center.  I meet this guy Brother Dalton.  He asks me where I am from and I tell him Henderson, Nevada.  He was like," NO WAY!  Me too!!"  Then he asked me if I knew any Savages.  HA HA HA HA!!!  Know them?!?  HA HA HA they were like a second family to me.  Turns out that he is best friends with *Natalie's dad since college.  So funny.  He said that he would call Brother Savage and let him know that I was alive. Man what a small world.  First it was Sister Fisher (mom of the kid Blake who wrote on my facebook wall) who dated dad in college and then now Brother Dalton that is best friends with Natalie's dad.  Oh and then Brother Don Lewis in the Melissa ward is cousins with *Rex Lewis.  HA HA HA.  I know like everyone here somehow.
Well everything here is fine.  Our tire blew out yesterday and so we have to go into Plano to get it fixed today...wonderful waste of a P-day.  Anyways...this church is awesome.  I just kept thinking during conference how blessed we are with the organization of the church.  How pure and simple the doctrine is.  That if you were to fly around the world on a Sunday and listen to all the lessons given in the different parts of the world, they would all follow the same doctrine.  There is no other church in the world that can say that.  That has a membership as knowledgeable about their beliefs as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  This is Christ's church upon the earth today.  There is no way that it would be in such order if it wasn't.  I love when people say to me that we worship Joseph Smith or that this church was founded by Joseph Smith....please just read my name tag.
ELDER MCNINCH
          THE CHURCH OF
  JESUS CHRIST
    OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS
...thank you.
Love all ya'll

*(Natalie is Michael's girlfriend and Rex Lewis is a good friend of our family)

No comments:

Post a Comment