Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March 14, 2001 Letter

TRANSFER!!!! ZONE LEADER CALL!!!
So this is really crazy.  I am getting transferred.  
But first let me tell the story...so we are driving around Saturday night (night the transfer calls come) and we get a call from the bishop of the first ward (best bishop ever).  He asks us for the mission president's number, to which the question rings in our mind...why?  Why would the bishop need to call our mission president?  Did we do something wrong?!  Elder, WHAT'D YOU DO?!?  So...we asked him in a sly, non-obtrusive way what the meaning of the call was.  To which the even slyer (don't know if sly-er is a word) bishop says," I can't tell you about it so don't ask." ...oh.  Okay.  So now we are scared out of our wits.  Oh man, oh man, what's he calling pres. for?!  He calls president and then gives us a call back.  He says don't worry about that elders, it wasn't about you.  Apparently some missionaries have been blogging about some things that happen in the wards here and it has offended some people.  I was like oh..whewf!  But then I just remembered that mom keeps a blog of my letters!  Ah!  Okay so here is the deal mom...I am not allowed to blog...you are and I can't stop you from setting up my letters in a blog...so just edit out the parts that some people might take offense to...okay?  I won't include names of people anymore.  It wasn't us that they had a problem with but just to be on the safe side please edit what is meant for JUST the family to read and I will do my best to not include anything that is not for JUST the family.  Sorry about the rant...back to the story.  
So in this same phone call the bishop says,"Hey Elder McNinch, I was wondering if you might be able to do a special musical number in Sacrament tomorrow."  Oh...you mean like tomorrow tomorrow...like 9:00 am tomorrow morning...like in 13 hours from right now...sweet...umm...well I can't play piano...would you mind if I played the guitar? (Hoping that he might say no because I was going to be playing a guitar in Sacrament and most bishops frown upon that) "Yeah sure that would be fine.  Come on over and you can play for my family the song that you'll play tomorrow."....great...thanks bishop.  So we go over and play a couple songs on his guitar and he picks one that he likes the best and then we head home for the night.  
Then the call comes.  The dreaded transfer call from president himself!  "Elder McNinch, I am calling because the Lord sees fit to call you to and new area and have you assigned as a Zone Leader.  Are you willing to accept this assignment?" uhh....umm...yyy...yyeahhh...umm....yes?...yes I will.  "Good, it's not really a choice, but good.  You leave Monday so have your bags packed."  Thanks president.  So I am playing in church and have to pack because I am getting transferred.  Great.  STRESSFUL!
     
Church went well.  We had an investigator there and she loved it.  We committed her to baptism and she accepted.  I won't see her baptized, but she is way awesome and I am so happy for her.  The song went relatively okay.  No one booed or threw things so I guess it was alright.  
So being here for 4 months has let me get to know the wards really well.  They are so awesome.  The Executive Secretary pulled me aside and said that he heard that I was getting transferred. He then said that he was going to file a complaint to the mission office and he along with the Bishopric were going to kidnap me until they received their ransom.  Their ransom being the condition that I stay in Longview 1st ward for the remainder of my mission.  It was pretty funny.  The members here are so awesome.  The area has grown so much in the short while that I have been here and I am truly sad to leave it.  I never thought that I would say this, but I'll have to come back and visit Longview someday.
     
So yeah... I'm being transferred...I don't know where though.  Most likely some place close to Dallas.  I will have to let you know in next weeks e-mail my new address but for now just send everything to the mission office.  They are forwarding mail again so that should work out just fine.
     
Mother.  The Ipod.  Oh the Ipod.  Please just trust your son.  He loves you very much and would like you to send his Ipod to him.  I will have the songs loaded onto cds and send them home to y'all.  It will work.  Everything will be fine.  Most of the songs will be deleted...I just don't want you to go through and try and decide what your son would like to keep on his Ipod.  That is like trying to shop for my clothes or trying to order for me at restaurants; neither of which have ever really ended up well.  So again, I ask with all the energy of my heart, Mother.  My dear dear wonderful Mother.  Would you please send me my Ipod?
     
Well so that was pretty much the exciting news for the week.  I am being transferred.  We'll see what the Lord has in store for me as a Zone Leader.  I have  THE coolest story for you this next week if everything plays out the way it should.  BUT  I won't spoil it now.  I love all y'all very much and I can't wait to hear from you again.  Please write or call Jared Bradley once in a while.  It seems that he is having withdrawls from the McNinch family.  I don't really know why but apparently he has cried a few times and needs some uplifting phone calls.  Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.  I am just kidding Je dee do....don't hurt me...please?  But really y'all should call him because I'm sure you want to talk to him as much as I do...but I can't...and you can...so DO IT!  We miss you too Bradley family.  Tell David Meeks that he is a baller and I am way excited for him to go on his mission.  Give him my address so that he can write me.  Tell Buffie that she is the best and I miss her.  Again, I love y'all very much and hope that you have a good week.
Love,
 Elder Michael McNinch

No comments:

Post a Comment