Monday, May 2, 2011
May 2, 2011 Letter
My Easter was very nice. I had a lot of really cool stories from that weekend...BUT none of them compare to what happened on Saturday last week. I got to meet Elder Flukiger of the sixth quorum of the seventy, Elder Rasband of the presidency of the first quorum of the seventy, and (drum roll please)... ELDER DALLIN H. OAKS OF THE QUORUM OF THE 12 APOSTLES!!! It was the coolest experience ever!!! All of them had some pretty deep insights to talk about. We got to take a huge picture with all of them and then got to shake each one of their hands. When I got to Elder Oaks he looked at my name tag and grabbed it. I was so worried that he was just going to take my tag from me...but he holds it and says, "Elder...how in the world do I say your name?" Ha ha ha ha. I love it. So I talked with him for about ten seconds about the origins of our ever so weird last name and he said, "Well Elder, I am glad we got some good Scott-Irish blood in the Texas Dallas Mission." ....okay?....thanks Elder Oaks. But really it was an amazing meeting. One of the missionaries in my district recorded it so we are going to transpose it to text. That will be sooooo cool!!!
Well so I don't know if I told you this but last week we had a baptism. That was pretty awesome. I am printing off pictures this week and hopefully will be able to send them in the next letter. To answer a couple of your questions...
- yes I got the package and I lub it
- no I don't think that I would be able to go to the the BYU game Brent. My president likes me but not that much. ha ha ha.
- Yes i will skype you. It will be around 7:00 pm your time on Sunday night. I don't know how all of that works but we will figure it all out. Email me y'alls number again so I can call and figure it out next week.
- Tell Shannon to stop being so weird and just do normal teenage things. No more food fights.
- Tell everybody that I love them as well. I miss all of you very much. I will talk to you more next week.