Monday, April 25, 2011

April 25, 2011 Letter

Hello,
 
     Yes I did have a good easter.  I had steak for dinner so yes that was a very good meal.  I have not got the package yet but every time I say that in a letter I get it that day...so I should be getting your package today.  Tell Shannon to write me back.  She is a poop head.  I am not going to send her her birthday present until I hear from her.
     I am sorry to hear that Pappaw passed.  He was an awesome man.  I wish that I got to know him better.  Please send my regards to Grandma and Grandpa.  Tell her that everything is alright and he is well taken care of.  I know that they miss him a whole lot, but heavenly father missed him a lot more.  He was more than an amazing missionary in this life and I could not imagine him being any different in the next.
     Man, Patrick sounds like a funny character.  I miss you guys a lot.  No one here gets my jokes.  Ha ha ha.
     So I forgot to tell you that I had to sing in a ward in the stake I'm in on Sunday.  It went pretty well but that is not what was cool.  I saw a man there that was in my first area.  His name is brother Rios.  When I first met him he and his wife were going through a divorce.  It was a really rough situation.  I remember going over to his house for dinner and sharing the infamous "message" at the end of dinner appointments.  I remember reading out of 4 Nephi and talking about the love of god.  Then went to John where perfect love casteth out all fear.  Well now six months later he said that he had read those verses over and over again and it dawned on him...his wife didn't know that he loved her.  He did everything he could to show her that he was willing to work it out.  It took six months but they did fix it.  When I saw him in the church he ran up to me and gave me a hug and all he said was,"Thank you.  I have my family back and I don't know how it happened, but thank you."  It was an awesome experience.  I love seing that joy in people's faces.  That is the greatest feeling in the world.  I will do anything and everything I can to see that joy in someone's eyes.
     Tell Shannon that if she is going to punch someone to wear a lot of rings. =)  I don't mind if she punches boys.  Look at it this way mom, if she is punching them that means that she isn't kissing them.  Anyways, the work is grand.  I love this zone that I am in though...everyone here is like a best friend.  I miss you all a lot...please write.  I love you Patrick, I love you Ryan, I love you Shannon, I love you Mom, I love you Dad.
 
Love,
 
Elder McNinch

No comments:

Post a Comment