Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August 8, 2011 Letter


I might have to be doing some packing soon here too.  I don't know if they are going to keep my in this area for very much longer.  I have been here now for six months so...I don't know.  Well, now you have to tell me...how was Patrick's first plane ride?!?  Did he love it?!  I wish that I could have gone with y'all too...BUT at the same time I don't...because it is much more humid there than it is here.  I has been soooooo hot lately though.  All of this week we have had over a hundred degree temperature.  It has actually been that way for about a month or two months now.  We break records here like every day.  It's kind of ridiculous.  Yesterday I think that it got up to like 110 or something stupid like that.  110 in a suit is not fun at all.
     So yesterday we had one of those Stake Presidency Meetings again...ya know....the one with our stake president that used to be the chief of police for Dallas?...yeah.  so this meeting was more just a grilling session.  He went through each of the wards and was just like, "Well from this report we can clearly see that the ward is giving all of the support that they can so it's clearly not their fault.  The fault has to lie with the missionaries.  You can see that they are not teaching very many lessons, yet they say that they are having support from the ward in teaching, so I have to ask...what do they do all day?  Are they even working?"  Elder Olvera and I didn't even know what to do.  When you get bad news about your missionaries it just makes you feel terrible.  So now we have to make a concerted effort to fix the wards that are having problems along with making sure that our area doesn't tank.  Fun stuff.
     I haven't gotten the package yet but I am pretty sure that it is in the mail.  If you sent it to the Beltline address then it would be getting here today.
     OOOO man I miss Brother Strobelt.  His testimony is amazing.  Tell him to shoot me a letter sometime.  I'd love to hear from him.
     Well this week wasn't very exciting.  Just the same old same old.  I did however sprain my ankle last Monday.  It was pretty bad too.  I'll have to send y'all a picture.  I can walk again...so that is good.  tracting was a pain in the butt.  I had to get crutches from the mission office.  Pretty lame though...no one had pitty on me.  I think that we had more slammed doors when I was on crutches than when we are on foot.  Anyways...love you very much.  Tell Grandma I adore her letters.  Tell Grandpa that he has to give me a ride in the Disney bus when I get home.  Tell aunt Enner that I love her.  Tell Murry that I still listen to the Christmas CD that she gave me and it's August.  Tell Jowo that he...well he is just awesome.  Tell everyone else you see there that I miss them a whole bunch.
 
love ya,
 
 Elder McNinch

No comments:

Post a Comment