Monday, January 30, 2012

January 30, 2012 letter

HELLO?

Okay, now I am really starting to wonder if you are getting my emails. I have sent the last 4 over again in hopes that you'll be able to see them but if not...sorry. Can't really do anything about it.
This week was kind of a bummer. We had 7 of the 14 lessons that we had scheduled cancel on us. It was alright though because we have a new investigator in the YSA branch! YAY! Something that we have been praying for for a long time. On Friday we were sitting in the car trying to figure out what we should do. We had about a half an hour before our dinner appointment and we didn't want to waste any time. We prayed to know where we should go or what to do. As soon as we said Amen the phone rang. Someone from the YSA branch said, "So I have this friend that wants to take the lessons, do you think that y'all could teach her on Sunday." Uhhhh...YEAH! It was awesome. I think that the only thing better than getting the referral was teaching her on Sunday night. Her name is Brittany. Her two friends are both return missionaries (love it) and have taught her a lot about the organization of the Church and the the Priesthood. I can't think of two better subjects that they could have talked about prior to our visit. I think what struck her most was the pre-earth life. That was by far the coolest part of the lesson. We asked her where she thought she was before she came here. She responded, "I didn't know that I was anywhere." We then went to Proverbs 8: 22-31. We explained that King Solomon was testifying that he was with God before our mortal life began. That he witnessed the creation and rejoiced in the Plan that Heavenly Father set forth; and that it wasn't just him that witnessed and rejoiced, but that it was all the sons of men. She just kind of sat with her eyes starring at the page. Then she looked up and the sweetest smile came across her face. Those are the moments that you live for on the mission. When someone comes to the realization that God is not some mystical being who has no care or worry for the people of this world; But that God is our loving Heavenly Father who knows each of us personally, and cares so much for us that he would provide a way to RETURN to him. Needless to say, the lesson went great. We will be meeting with her again on Wednesday night and I can't wait.
This morning Elder Dunbar found a IHOP gift card, so you best believe we had brunch at IHOP. While we were waiting for our food we of course played the table game where you slide a sugar packet across the table to get a corner off the edge. Well, this time we decided to play with the little half and half milk cups that they give you for the coffee that was already on the table (which we obviously were not going to drink). So the game was whoever had the edge of the milk cup over the edge of their side of the table had to drink it. You have to realize that this milk is nasty and warm. I had to drink four but Elder Dunbar had to have five. The waitress was laughing hysterically when she saw the empty milk cups. Ha ha ha. Also a good time that you live for on the mission. Not as cool or heart warming, but a good laugh is always nice.
Good news, I'm starting to write in my journal again. Good gosh I am terrible at writing in that thing. I have missed the last 6 months so I said, "Well, I might as well write for the last 6 so I at least have 1 full journal. Okay so in all reality, I don't know what to do if you are not getting these letters. I will forward all the letters to Dad on his email to see if it is just Mom's that is messed up. Okay...love you, bye...send stamps.

Love,
Elder McNinch

No comments:

Post a Comment